Description: The blog discusses the ideal ayurvedic skincare for diabetes and the need for a good skincare regime for type 2 diabetes patients.
Diabetes has become a very common problem among individuals these days. Maintaining blood sugar levels is imperative in patients with diabetes. In addition, they need to take care of their eating habits and look for healthy options. Exercising is also a part of their life to manage diabetes. Diabetes can cause many complications like damage to the nerves, eye problems, kidney disease, etc. But are you aware that it can cause serious skin issues as well? Yes, you heard it right! Skin problems or disorders are quite common in patients with type 2 diabetes. As per the American Association of diabetes, one-third of individuals with diabetes will have skin conditions or problems at some point in their lives. So, the signs of skin disorders must be treated at the earliest as diabetic patients take longer to heal from injuries.
While you might consider consulting a dermatologist to treat skin problems, Ayurveda can help you understand the root cause and provide better and long-lasting results. Ayurveda takes a centric approach to deal with all kinds of problems. It considers a good diet, exercise, massages and external care. Similarly, for dealing with skin problems caused by diabetes, Ayurveda is a potent and effective treatment. We discuss here the ideal ayurvedic skincare for diabetes. Use of Ayurveda in the Treatment of Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus.
Ayurvedic skincare for diabetes
Skin problems are common in individuals with diabetes. The skin becomes extra sensitive and fragile. Dryness is one of the common problems faced by diabetic patients. Besides this, skin irritation, rashes, boils, itchy skin, etc., are also commonly seen in diabetic people. Therefore, diabetic patients require a good skincare regime to help deal with these common skin problems.
Let’s discuss the ideal ayurvedic skincare for diabetes.
- Assuming the skin is extremely dry, stay away from cleanser, or utilize a gentle glycerin cleanser for washing.
- Purifying cream or gel containing aloe vera should be utilized for the face. Aloe Vera is a strong cream and has calming properties.
- Apply sunscreen with a high SPF of 30 or 40 preceding going out in the sun.
- Keep the skin moisturized consistently and utilize a lotion under make-up.
- At night, after cleansing, utilize a nourishing cream. Search for a nourishing cream containing ingredients like raw grain oil, carrot seed, and almond, as they are plentiful in Vitamins A and E. Spread the cream delicately on the face and back rub it on the skin with a couple of drops of water. The utilization of external eye creams assists with keeping up with the versatility of the skin and prevents early kinks.
- For the skin on the body, Ayurveda suggests sesame seed (til) oil. Apply and rub it into the skin of the body before the shower. Following your shower, apply body lotion while the skin is still soggy. This helps in locking dampness.
- Keep away from hot showers as it dries the skin out. Choose a cold shower. It locks the dampness in the skin and relieves stress. ‘
- During winters, the virus leaves the skin dry or aroused. Stay away from this by utilizing a humidifier. You can also make a comparable impact at home without any problem. Put a big pot of water on a medium fire for a couple of hours. You could add flavours like turmeric (Haldi) and spices like ginger (adrak) to this water. Lolling in this steam helps your skin recuperate from harm and reestablishes dampness.
- As a result of the damaged nerves, your skin becomes vulnerable to cuts and burns. Apply sterile dressing pads even on small injuries to keep away from disease.
- Chapped and dried lips can be as destructive as a painful injury. Utilize a lip balm or petroleum jelly to alleviate dryness.
Treat yourself internally and externally with Vedelan.
While diabetes can lead to some serious skin conditions, such skincare products must be gentle on the skin and prevent dryness. Regular ayurvedic skincare for diabetes products might not be that effective and helpful in dealing with skin problems like eczema, discoloration, dry and flaky skin, etc. therefore, Vedelan has special skincare products that have been made after screening 1200 plus formulations. Their products have soothing and moisturizing ingredients like aloe vera, shea butter, vitamin A and E, carrot seed, etc. Their night cream contains rich, nourishing herbal ingredients like Berberis aristata, Sida cordifolia, Hemidesmus indicus, Ocimum sativum, and Wheat germ oil to promote natural regenerating processes with a permissible cream base free from paraben and silicone.
It is not only a cosmetic product but also has therapeutic effects. Great in diabetic skin care.
Most of the time, individuals with diabetes need to manage skin issues. Diabetes influences the perspiration organ of the body and ordinarily reduces the skin’s sweat. These ayurvedic skincare tips can help diabetic patients manage their skin conditions effectively and holistically.